The B-PSA UK is an independent Scout Association with membership in the World Federation of Independent Scouts and dates back to the foundations of Scouting in 1907.
Our Aim is to maximise the development and happiness of young people as citizens of the world in the 21st century.
We are passionate about the value of the outdoors, traditional skills and our Scout Law and Promise.
We deliver our mission through a progressive and professional programme that is underpinned by a democratic, friendly and supportive organisation. Because of this we are growing and if you are interested in starting your own group, why not print off our Welcome Guide:
Download Welcome Guide
Leader Workshop Weekend
Date: 6-8th October 2017
Location: Linnet Clough, North West England
You are invited to attend a B-PSA leader workshop weekend, which will incorporate the Association AGM. This is an opportunity to meet other B-PSA leaders in a friendly, relaxed and constructive environment – exchange ideas, influence the Association’s future, socialise, share some of your skills, find out more about Eurocamp18 and take part in some fun workshops.
Download the invitation here
Download the itinerary here
Saint George’s Day Message
It has only been six weeks since I proudly accepted your National Committee’s invitation to take on the role of Chief Commissioner, and it has started as I hope it will continue – hectically. Through
meetings, training courses and visits I have already met Scouters and young members from 24 Groups in the Association as far apart as the South coast of England and the Scottish Borders. If that hasn’t included your Group yet, I really hope to meet you soon.
In this short message I would like to thank Mercia Area for inviting me to join them at their Area St. George’s Day Parade, I look forward to seeing you there. For those who I won’t be able to be with this weekend, enjoy your celebrations of Scouting’s Saints Day, wherever you are.
Congratulations to all those receiving special awards this weekend. Thank you for your efforts on behalf of the Baden-Powell Scouts’ Association.
Jay Dodson - Chief Commissioner
Did you know
- Our outdoor programme is at the heart of the fun our young people have.
- Our leadership training courses are free.
- We believe that there is value in young people being smartly turnout in their uniform.
- Most of our management systems are completed through simple online processes, saving time and effort for our leaders.
- Our Adult Leaders and Rovers can apply for bursaries to support the gaining of professional outdoor leadership qualifications that go beyond their normal leadership training. Download the application form and apply whenever you like:
Download Training Bursary Application Form