- Know about the following types of event: Cross Country, Score, Line, Night. Know about the general organisation of these events, team scoring and relay work.
- Know how to apply rules of competition.
- Be able to explain Control Terminology and Definition of Feature.
- Be able to discuss any of the following techniques and skills: Choice of route, use of guide lines, aiming off, collecting features, step counting, height v. distance, rough v. smooth.
- Explain methods of map and compass and physical fitness training, and know how to set a course.
- Pass or have passed the Orienteer badge.