1. Swim 100m in any over-arm or crawl style.
2. Swim at least 1600m.
3. Perform the following dives:
a. Racing dive from the edge of the bath
b. Dive from a board not less than 3m above the surface of the water
c. Neat dive from a spring-board.
4. Perform some individual stunt in fancy diving or in swimming, (such as swallow dive, backwards and forwards somersaults in water).
5. Satisfy the Examiner that he is capable of instructing a non-swimmer in the basic principles of swimming.
6. Pass or re pass Test 1 of the Swimmer badge.