- Make a map on the ground, by triangulation using prismatic compass or plane table, of an area of about 40 acres, chosen by the Examiner, at the scale of 1:4 000 approx. The area should include fields, a building and a pond or equivalent features.
- Make a road map, with compass and field book, of 3km of road, showing all main features and objects within a reasonable distance on either side, to a scale of 1:16000. The field book must be produced for inspection.
- Enlarge such portions of an O.S. map either 1:25 000 or 1:50 000 editions as the Examiner may determine, to a scale of 1:21000.
- Draw a simple cross section from a 1:25 000 or 1:50000 O.S. map (Line chosen to include varied features, gradients etc.)
- Show a working knowledge of metric scales.