- Send and receive a message of not less than 150 letters, at a rate 9 in Semaphore (45 letters per minute).
- Send and receive a similar message in Morse: on buzzer at rate 8 (40 lpm) - on lamp at rate 6 (30 lpm).
- Demonstrate that he knows a recognised procedure when sending and receiving a message.
- Improvise at least 2 methods of sending a message (1 Morse and 1 Semaphore) at least 800m at or over rate 4 (20 lpm).
Note: 90% accuracy to be required in all tests. Outdoor sending and receiving stations to be a minimum of 185m apart. Buzzer stations to be in separate rooms.
Alternative for Sign Language
- Pass or have passed the sign language part of the Scout Signaller Badge.
- Find our about facilities and products for Deaf People
- Understand the importance of inclusion for Deaf People
- Interact with Deaf People (e.g. at a deaf club or school)