- Have an elementary knowledge of the terms and measurements used in electrical work.
- Make connections in electrical wiring and replace defective switches, lamp-holders fuses and fuse wires correctly.
- Make a simple electro-magnet. Construct a Morse buzzer set which can operate between 2 rooms.
- Explain the difference between A.C. and D.C.
- Explain the purpose of fuses and earthing and the dangers caused by improper connection and use of domestic electrical appliances. Discuss the precautions to be taken when handling electrical apparatus.
- Know the action to be taken in case of electric shock.
- Be able to read a domestic electricity meter and calculate cost of current consumed since the last reading.