- Recognise correctly from photographs or silhouettes shown for 10 sec, each, of the aircraft shown by the examiner.
- Pass or have passed Part 3 of the Air Spotter badge.
- Be able to recognise and name from a list submitted by the Scout the International aircraft markings both service and civil of at least 12 countries, including U.K.
- Understand the R.A.F. system of letter designation according to aircraft duties and give examples of 3 designations.
- Be able to distinguish the various marks of 2 aircraft types selected by himself. (Each type to have more that 1 mark or series number.)