Pass this test in handwriting and hand printing:
- Write a letter on a subject given verbally 5 minutes previously.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the different methods of posting items and their cost.
- Show a knowledge of the telephone system including dialling codes (local and national) and mobile networks.
- Demonstrate the use of street directories and reference books.
- Produce an item of calligraphy using ink and an italic nib (or similar). This needs to show only a beginners skill.
- Copy or design an illustrated letter (such as those in an old manuscript).
- Write a satisfactory report of a troop Camp, meeting or other Scout event.