- Take charge of a small dinghy or small craft in response to orders which shall include sculling over the stern, anchoring, bringing alongside and making fast.
- Be able to pull an oar as a member of a boat’s crew.
- Know the right way to load a boat with either stores or personnel and how to trim her correctly.
- Throw a heaving line from a boat.
- Know the safety rules applicable to boating.
- Get into a dinghy from the water.
- Know the names of all parts of a boat and of the gear.
Note: The holder of a National Dinghy Certificate Scheme, Level 1 certificate qualifies for this badge.