1. Resuscitation: Demonstrate effective CPR.
2. Swim: Swim 400 metres continuously within 13 minutes. 100m freestyle, 100m breaststroke, 100m survival backstroke, 100m sidestroke.
3. Timed Tow: Swim 50 metres, then tow a patient 50m within 3 min 15 sec.
4. Spinal Injuries: Basic management of a suspected spinal injury in shallow water.
5. Rescue Initiative: Demonstrate initiative in effecting a rescue of two people who are in difficulty up to 15 metres from safety.
6. Skills: Throw a 10 mm line to fall between two pegs one and a half metres apart and 12 metres away from the thrower twice out of every three throws.
7. Help: Know how to summon the emergency services appertaining to water rescues.
If a Scout holds the Royal Lifesaving Society, bronze medallion they qualify for this badge.