All tasks to be set by the Examiner:
1. Technical. A Scout is required to explain the functions of the following:
Sound card; Modem; Motherboard; CD / DVD Drive; USB storage; Monitor;
Keyboard; Graphics card; Hard Disk.
2. Maintenance A Scout is to demonstrate how to carry out maintenance and explain why it is necessary, areas covered should be:
De-fragment Hard Disks
Checking for viruses
Update drivers/ programs
3. General Usage: The Scout should be able to demonstrate the uses of the computer / device:
Entertainment (Games, music, watching DVDs)
Excel—show how to set up an account document
Publisher- Make a poster advertising your Group.
Word- Produce a camp letter and program
Power point- Produce a presentation of a camp or hike.
4. Internet Usage: The Scout should be able to demonstrate the uses of the device (computer, phone, tablet, ipad etc) on the internet
a) send an e-mail.
b) communicate with another Scout using an online program of their choice.
5. Safety: The Scout should also be able to explain
a) how to stop getting hacked.
b) how to stay safe when online.