1. Identify not less than 4 types of pulling boat and name the various parts of the boat by demonstration.
2. Take charge of a boat's crew and demonstrate:
a. Use of correct pulling orders. Bring a boat alongside a vessel or landing stage.
b. Anchor correctly.
c. Maintain boat discipline.
3. Know the elementary Rule of the Road at sea for both steam and sailing ships, together with any local rules for small boats.
4. Use properly the following:
a. Clove Hitch
b. Rolling Hitch
c. Anchor (or Fisherman's ) Bend
5. Know the gear that should be properly carried in a pulling boat.
6. Form part of a crew of a pulling boat for an expedition of not less than 24hours duration to include a night spent in camp.