Be competent in the following skills
1. Lifting, carrying and launching.
2. Forward paddling over 100m.
3. Steering and controlling.
4. Return to the bank and get out.
5. Capsize the craft and be rescued or swim to the shore (whichever is most appropriate to the craft and conditions)
6. Emptying boats.
7. Provide evidence of 1 journey of about 1-hour (3 km) duration (this could take place
during the assessment).
Complete the Paddle Power level 4 award
(BCU One Star is recommended for 14 yrs and older, Paddle Power for younger ages.)