- Have a knowledge of the parts of a bell and its fittings.
- Demonstrate maintenance and rope splicing.
- Be proficient in handling a bell up to 6/7 cwt (300-350kilos) to keep it in full control and be able to ‘set' it as required by the Examiner.
- Be able to ring a bell in rounds in proper times and to ‘stand' when ordered.
- Know how to clean a bell and the safety points when working on a bell.
ALTERNATIVE FOR HANDBELLS
- Have a knowledge of the construction of handbells and their tuning.
- Demonstrate as a member of a team that they can give a performance of simple tunes in harmony.
- Be able to ring a pair of handbells in rounds.