1. Make a log of at least three fishing expeditions, keeping records of the species of fish caught and their weight.
2. Have a knowledge of the fish that inhabit the waters of a locality.
3. Know the rules concerning the close season and the size of the fish allowed to be taken.
4. Demonstrate how to fit up a rod, line and casts. Know the size of hooks most suitable and show a knowledge of bait. Demonstrate the correct way to use a landing net. Make a float.
5. Know the Water Safety Rules and understand the dangers of wading, crumbling banks and slippery rocks.