1. Construct a model aeroplane (use of kit permitted) which shall have the following minimum flight performance:
|Glider (Hand launched)||25 seconds|
|Glider (Tow launched)||45 seconds (Maximum line length 50m or 55yds)|
|Rubber powered||30 seconds|
|Engine powered||45 seconds (15secs maximum motor run)|
|Control line||Demonstrate the model by making a smooth take off, 3 laps level flight at approximately 2 m and climb and dive with a smooth landing.|
2. Have a knowledge of the basic principles of flight including the 3 axis and their effect on stability and control.
- Be able to construct from a simple kit (Skill level 1 or 2) a working model rocket.
- Explain to the examiner how in theory, the model is supposed to work from lift-off to landing.
- Show the Examiner the rocket engine and explain what the code letters and numbers stand for.
- Have a good knowledge of the ‘National Association of Rocketry' model rocket safety code and be prepared to answer a short questionnaire.
- Make 3 successful launches and recoveries of your model.