1. Know the proper conduct to adopt and the safety precautions to follow when on an airfield or near aircraft..
2. Know how to be of assistance to a pilot when taxiing or picketing an aircraft.
3. Understand the purpose of a signals area at an airfield and know at least 6 different signals that might be there displayed and know the standard light signals used on airfields.
4. (a) Be able to point out the following moveable control surfaces of an aircraft and describe their functions:
Rudder, ailerons, elevator, flaps.
(b) Know the meaning of the following terms:
Fuselage, main plane, tail-plane, leading edge, mono-plane, dihedral and sweep back.
5. Know how to be of assistance in the event of an aircraft emergency.