1. Know, and where possible demonstrate, how to guard against accidents when using gas and electrical appliances, paraffin stoves, naked lights and open fires.
2. Know what special precautions to make in a house with:
a) small children
b) old people
3. Know at least three different ways of preventing accidents:
a) when boating and bathing.
b) when using public transport, cars and cycles.
c) with animals.
4. Know what special precautions to take in the country with regards to barbed wire, broken glass, poisonous vegetation, storms and other hazards.
5. Complete a risk assessment set by the examiner on a topic of his or her choice.